April 27, 2020
Greetings from Breckenridge Schools,
Last week Governor Walz put out Executive Order 20-41 which issued a mandate for all Minnesota Schools to remain closed for the rest of the 2019-20 school year. Following are further details for Breckenridge students and families based on this order:
- Distance Learning will continue for the remainder of the school year with the exception of Friday, May 1st and Monday, May 4th. There will be no distance learning delivered to students these two days. Teachers will be using these days to evaluate our district distance learning plans using data collected from students and families and make any necessary changes for the remainder of the school year. Distance learning will resume May 5th.
- Meals and childcare for essential workers will still be delivered May 1st and 4th.
- The Minnesota State High School League has cancelled all spring activities and practices for the remainder of this year. School districts are waiting for further guidance on the ability to hold summer activities.
- The staff at Breckenridge is heartbroken about not being able to bring students back into the buildings this year. However we all support the effort to keep our students and community safe and to minimize the impact of COVID-19 on all of us.
- The Breckenridge administration and staff are working with the Class of 2020 to plan a graduation ceremony that honors this year’s graduates in a special way, while following all CDC guidelines in place at this time. More information will be out very soon on final plans.
Please let us know if you have questions about this update or any other items. You may reach us by calling the District Office at 218-643-6822, High School Office at 218-643-2694, or Elementary Office at 218-643-6681. You may also e-mail to email@example.com