March 25, 2020
Greetings from Superintendent Cordes,
This afternoon the Governor/Commissioner of Education made the following announcements:
- All Minnesotans are asked to "shelter at home" when not performing essential tasks such as going to and from work; necessary shopping, medical appointments, etc. from Friday, March 27th at 11:59 PM - April 10th.
- Businesses and restaurants will remain closed until May 1st at 5:00 PM.
- Minnesota Public Schools will deliver distance learning from March 30th - April 30th.
- Districts are to prepare to re-open May 5th.
- During the distance learning time of March 30th - April 30th, public schools are to continue providing meals for all students who request them, as well as childcare for all essential employees requesting that service.
- Governor Walz has requested a federal waiver for the MCA tests this year so students will not be taking those assessments in 2020. We are still waiting for exact clarification on updated ACT/SAT testing.
- There will be no MSHSL activities or practices from March 30th-April 30th. No decision has been made by the MSHSL about the cancellation of spring activities at this time.
- What does this mean for Breckenridge students and families
- Teachers will begin delivering distance learning to Breckenridge School PreK-12 students on Monday, March 30th.
- Each teacher will be communicating on Monday with their students and families about how instruction will be delivered as well as student expectations moving forward.
- The District Distance Learning plan will be outlined on our District web page by Friday, March 27th.
- We will continue to follow the school calendar which means April 9, 10, and 13 will be non-student days. There will be no childcare or meals provided on these days.
- We encourage students and families to check the district website for updated information. A variety of communication tools will be used to keep families informed of important updates including parent emails, local news media, social media and School Messenger.
- Please direct your questions for administration to: questio
- Please direct questions about your student's classwork to his/her teacher.
The Breckenridge School Board, administration and staff want to thank the community for the patience and support received as we prepare to deliver instruction to students in a new way on March 30th. We want to assure you we are doing all we can to make this meaningful relevant instruction that meets the needs of all children. We also want you to know that we miss our students and remain hopeful that we will all be back together before the end of the school year.
Breckenridge Pride...Inspiring to Excel!