Dear Breckenridge Families,
Welcome back to the 2021-22 school year! Custodial staff, administration and classroom teachers are all busy preparing for a great school year. I hope everyone had a fantastic summer filled with sunshine and lots of fun all mixed in with some rest and relaxation. We will continue to monitor and review guidance on keeping our school and students COVID free but are looking forward to a few less restrictions compared to the previous school year. Read on for more information and other important announcements as we begin the school year:
- Open House:
- September 7th and 8th - 8:00 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. - Individual family conferences scheduled through Synergy with your child’s classroom teacher starting on August 18th. Please contact your child’s teacher if alternative arrangements need to be made.
- Individual student fall assessments in reading and math, hearing/vision screenings, fall pictures and other items will also be taken care of on this day. If all goes as planned, please plan for 1 ½ hours of time needed to complete all the stops in the building.
- Students can leave their school supplies.
- Keep in mind that elementary students will not start their regular school/classroom schedule until September 9th! This will be the first day we have all elementary students on campus.
- COVID Safety:
- At this time - Face masks are optional during the school day. Face masks are still REQUIRED on public school buses.
- We will be taking temps at lunch as students go through the lunch line. Please continue to monitor your child’s health at home prior to sending them to school. It is better to err on the side of safety for all.
- New Staff:
- New faces in the elementary school include Mrs. Sarah Roberts and Ms. Madison Lura as Special Education teachers and Mr. Ean Goos as part of the 1-2 Crew!
- Returning this year:
- The school day will begin at 8:00 a.m and end at 3:15 p.m.
- Music classes will be held in the music classroom for K-4th graders.
- Lunch will be held in the cafeteria for all grade levels.
I am looking forward to a great school year filled with lots of new and exciting learning opportunities for all our students! Please feel free to contact me anytime with any questions or concerns. I can be reached at (218)643-6681, ext. 4020 or
Mrs. Corinna Erickson