I expect all students to bring the Basic 6 daily:
-Pencil -Fun book
I want the students prepared to learn math.
The weekly homework assignments, quizzes, and tests are posted on the whiteboard in the classroom and on my website: Weekly Homework.
The student gets 2 days per excused absence day to complete their work.
The entire assignment is required and will be worth 50%.
Students may retest any chapter test less than 80%. The maximum score they can receive is an 80%. They may retest more than once. My philosophy on retesting is to ensure the student knows the material before moving on to the next unit.
Every assignment turned in needs to have the following qualities to be considered “blue ribbon” work:
-neatly written in pencil
-heading: name, page, problems, date
-numerical problems copied
-answers boxed in
You may already have most of these items:
-TI-84 Plus graphing calculator ($111 BHS Math Dept.)
1. Be seated with Basic 6 when the bell rings.
2. Remove gum, candy, food, hats, caps, coats, earspeakers, backpacks, or beverages.
3. Place cellphone on window sill
4. Only use cell phone/Chromebook/earspeakers with my permission.
5. No disruptions during the learning process.
6. Be kind to your classmates and teachers.
2. Removal from class
3. Referral to principal
4. One hour detention