Dear Breckenridge Families,
Welcome back to the 2019-20 school year! Many exciting things are happening this year that will help each student excel and reach his or her fullest potential. A few of the highlights include:
- Our 1st and 2nd grade teachers are teaming up this year to create our 1-2 Crew! They will be using a theme based approach to instruction and teacher specialization to create their active classroom environment for the year. Mrs. Ohm and Mrs. Randall will be specialists in reading. Mrs. Johnson and Miss Dobmeier will specialize in math instruction. Mrs. Fedderson will focus on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) concepts during her time with students.
- Studio 5 and Studio 6 are transitioning to a new report card format! They will be reporting student progress towards the standards and 21st century skill through our new Standards Based Report Cards!
- Kindergarten welcomes Mrs. Julie Ekren to their team! We are back up to 3 sections of kindergarten this year!
- Mr. Jordan Christensen will be joining Mrs. Michelle Monson in Studio 6!
- New faces in the music include Mr. Race Hoglund as our Kindergarten through 4th grade music teacher and Mrs. Emily Christensen for 5th-6th band! New this year will be a combined 5th-6th choir with Mrs. Bouressa.
- Student Support Advocate - Our new student support advocate will assist students with social-emotional learning needs throughout the district. This position includes the Native American Liaison responsibilities and student support.
We hope to see everyone on August 28, 2019 for the Elementary Open House from 4:30-6:00 p.m. Students can bring their school supplies, meet their teacher, and pick up forms.
I am looking forward to a great school year filled with lots of new and exciting learning opportunities for all students! Please feel free to contact me anytime. I can be reached at (218)643-6681, ext. 4020 or
Mrs. Corinna Erickson