From the desk of Superintendent Cordes ...
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Breckenridge School’s website.
Our Breckenridge vision statement, “Breckenridge Pride…Inspiring to Excel! is the guidepost used by the school board, administration, teachers, and all staff to provide an outstanding educational experience for all our students. At Breckenridge schools, everyone matters.
Breckenridge schools got a face lift over the summer of 2015. The buildings have been a flurry of activity from the moment students left for summer break. As staff and students return to school on September 8th, there will be some noticeable differences.
Highlights for EMS include:
- Increased safety and security measures throughout the building. The main entrance has been relocated and designed so all guests and visitors will be identified before gaining access to the building.
- Relocation of the Principal’s Office.
- Exterior door security has been enhanced on all entrances.
- Additional surveillance cameras have been added both internally and externally.
- The EMS gym floor has been replaced.
- Several classroom spaces have been redesigned to fit the changing needs of the district.
Some of the highlights for the High School include:
- Increased safety and security measures throughout the building. The main entrance has been relocated and designed so all guests and visitors will be identified before gaining access to the building during the school day. The primary entrance for after school activities will remain the same.
- Significant upgrade to the technology infrastructure including Cat 6e cabling and additional upgraded access points throughout the building.
- New primary boiler system which will maximize energy efficiencies.
- New HVAC system and duct work to improve air quality and climate control as well as gaining significant energy efficiency.
- Some classroom redesign to meet the changing needs of the District, including a room for the new Alternative Learning Program.
We are very excited about these changes and look forward to students, staff and community members getting to experience the benefits of them. There will be a noticeable change in how the buildings are accessed during the school day. However, we believe it will continue to be welcoming and user-friendly; while at the same time, reassuring that students and staff are as healthy and safe within our buildings as possible.
Thank you for the privilege of educating your children in our district. Our hope is each child truly experiences our vision statement of Breckenridge Pride…Inspiring to Excel!